Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DVD player will not work now...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 66#1

66#1

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 AM

Posted 30 October 2004 - 01:59 AM

Hello,

I have a simple problem: My dvd player on my laptop no longer works. I try to play a dvd, and I get a message that the dvd can't be played.

I believe I accidentally messed something up when trying to get rid of unnecessary items on my laptop.

I hate to be so brief, but maybe you guys can ask me questions and help me figure out the prob.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TexasAngel67

TexasAngel67

Bleeping Helper

• Members
  • 1,551 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 AM

Posted 30 October 2004 - 02:20 AM

Are you able to find your DVD player under Start, Programs or anywhere else? What exactly is the error? Will your DVD drive play music CD's or data CD's?
What OS are you running?

#3 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 AM

Posted 30 October 2004 - 08:53 AM

Along with the above ....
Have you tried a disk cleaner from walmart? For dvd drives? You havent messed with the drive itself by touching it have you?
Thanks

#4 66#1

66#1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 AM

Posted 31 October 2004 - 01:37 AM

I'm running Windows XP, and I get this message:

Windows Media Player is currently unable to play DVD video. Try decreasing the number of colors displayed on your monitor or decreasing the screen resolution. For additional solutions, click More Information to access the DVD Troubleshooter

Decreasing the colors etc.. does not work, and the troubleshooter doesn't help either.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users