Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Slow Task Manager

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 anoft

anoft

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 AM

Posted 14 July 2011 - 09:46 AM

I've recently reinstalled Windows 7 to fix a couple of missing drivers. Task Manager loads up perfectly fine but its always very slow to respond. Here is so system info.

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium

Version 6.1.7600 Build 7600

Other OS Description Not Available

OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation

System Manufacturer Acer, inc.

System Model Aspire 5920G

System Type X86-based PC

Processor Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU T5750 @ 2.00GHz, 2000 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)

BIOS Version/Date Acer v1.3813, 18/06/2008

SMBIOS Version 2.4

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB

Total Physical Memory 3.00 GB

Available Physical Memory 1.94 GB

Total Virtual Memory 6.00 GB

Available Virtual Memory 4.47 GB

Page File Space 3.00 GB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,587 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:06 PM

Posted 14 July 2011 - 09:48 AM

First, I don't understand what you mean when you say you reinstalled W7 to fix a couple of missing drivers. What drivers and how did you reinstall?

Next, what do you mean Task Manager is slow to respond? Please explain IN DETAIL.

#3 anoft

anoft
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2011 - 04:11 PM

Well Firstly the there were a couple of audio drivers that were preventing playback and recording. Secondly what I mean slow to respond is that when I open up task manger and try to end a process, I click on the process and after 3 seconds it becomes highlighted, then I click end process then after 3 seconds it responds, then the confirmation comes up I click end process and after 3 seconds it responds and stops the process.

#4 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,587 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2011 - 04:13 PM

I'm sorry, I still don't understand why you reinstalled the OS.

And I asked HOW you reinstalled it please.

#5 anoft

anoft
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2011 - 04:30 AM

I was looking to save space on my C drive and while uninstalling unwanted programs I accidentally uninstalled my Reatek audio driver. I tried many times to reinstall the driver but none succeeded and so I decided to reinstall Windows. I reinstalled my OS from a Windows 7 installation disk.

#6 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,587 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2011 - 06:47 AM

Okay, so you did a brand new clean install - meaning you booted to the W7 dvd, formatted, and installed from scratch? If that's the case, did you then download and install all appropriate drivers starting with the chipset driver? And did you obtain those drivers directly from the Acer website as opposed to Windows Update?

#7 ml02kr

ml02kr

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 PM

Posted 20 July 2011 - 01:29 PM

you could use taskwise, u can use it in your browser instead of having to have to run slowly with windows

Edited by ml02kr, 20 July 2011 - 01:30 PM.

#8 Bazcaz

Bazcaz

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2011 - 04:56 AM

Forget task manager... Go Start and type "resmon" no quotes in search....when appears Right Click the icon and Send to Desktop ,create shortcut...use IT instead of Task manager.

#9 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,587 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2011 - 06:55 AM

Clearly neither of the above two mosts helps if there is a problem with the system. But the OP hasn't responded for 10 days so..........

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users