Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Minnesota black-hat jailed for 18 years

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 FoxtrotCharlie

FoxtrotCharlie

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 AM

Posted 14 July 2011 - 08:43 AM

Saw this story here in town yesterday...

ST. PAUL, Minn. - A 46-year-old former computer technician from Minnesota was jailed for 18 years Tuesday for hijacking his neighbors' Wi-Fi network in a bizarre revenge plot, the Minneapolis Star Tribune reported.

Barry Ardolf pleaded guilty last December to using his computer skills to steal his neighbors' identities and then attempting to destroy their careers and reputations.

Full story here: http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/news/minnesota-hacker-jailed-for-18-years-after-threat-to-us-vice-president-ncxdc-071311

Edited to comply with fair use rules. ~ OB

Edited by Orange Blossom, 14 July 2011 - 11:10 AM.

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it ot pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:12:54 PM

Posted 14 July 2011 - 03:47 PM

Discussion of this is here:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic409342.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users