Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot connect to monitor

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 lyssa615

lyssa615

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:49 PM

Posted 14 July 2011 - 08:05 AM

I am unable to hook up a monitor to my desktop computer because the vgi port on back of the tower is broken. IThe piece actually became detached and fell into the tower. As someone who knows minimal about computers, is there anything I am able to do? I was thinking of a dual monitor adaptor so I can use my usb port to hook the monitor up to but it looks like I would have to install drivers which would require at least one monitor, right?
Any advice would be appreciated! Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,545 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:49 PM

Posted 14 July 2011 - 09:11 AM

If the port is connected to a card, simply replace the card with another.

If the port is connected to onboard graphics on the motherboard...simply install a physical video card, disable the onboard graphics in your BIOS...and connect to the new card.

Louis

#3 s1lents0ul

s1lents0ul

• Members
  • 544 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:49 PM

Posted 14 July 2011 - 09:17 AM

@lyssa615 : So you know what to be looking for. Its called VGA, not vgi, which is the blue connection. The white connection for Video is DVI. You would need DVI for dual Monitor.
==]--s1lents0ul-->

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users