Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

cannot open norton is 2011 , slow pc and high CPU usage ,

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jetse

jetse

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:42 AM

Posted 14 July 2011 - 06:31 AM

i'm having some major issues with my computer, it runs very slow and often gets a 100% cpu usage and everytime i start my computer, all antivirus is disabled and now i cannot restart norton is 2011( i cannot even open it, if i press the icon to open it, nothing happens). Mostly it is svchost.exe that has a high CPU usage,but sometimes it's java. i already tried to scan my computer with avast and with malwarebytes, but no treats are found. i really don't know what o do and it's really fristrating to have a slow computer.
pls can anybody help me.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 AM

Posted 14 July 2011 - 06:36 AM

Please perform the following, so that we can get the exact specs of your computer. This will better assist us in helping you more.

Publish a Snapshot using Speccy

The below is for those who cannot get online

Please take caution when attaching a text file to your post if you cannot copy/paste the link to your post, you will need to edit it to make sure that your Windows Key is not present.

#3 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,634 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:42 PM

Posted 14 July 2011 - 06:51 AM

Sounds to me like your system may be infected. I'd suggest making sure one way or the other by posting in the Am I Infected forum on this site.

#4 jetse

jetse
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2011 - 06:51 AM

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/2BEC8o6a1V7oESzXpU3U8eb

#5 jetse

jetse
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2011 - 07:01 AM

thanks for the information.

#6 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 AM

Posted 14 July 2011 - 09:36 AM

Please perform the following:

Download the Norton Removal Tool and run it.

I see you are actively using Avast, and it is strongly discouraged to run 2 real-time antivurses at the same.

Also please go to Services via Control Panel and Administrative Tools and disable Windows Defender from starting, as you do not need it because you are using Avast.

Then follow Allan's advise and post in the Am I Infected Forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users