Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop won't connect to Wifi

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ashton_r

ashton_r

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 AM

Posted 14 July 2011 - 04:30 AM

Hi I just recently bought an Acer Aspire 5250 fro rent a center and for a while I was able to connect to Wifi, but I can't anymore. i have barely downloaded anything or installed anything, so that can't be it, I've googled this problem and everything, i disabled the wireless adapter and re-enabled it and nothing happened. Any clue what DID happen? I'm currently connected to the internet with my Wireless card from my cell phone company.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Gorf1

Gorf1

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 PM

Posted 14 July 2011 - 05:10 AM

Could be loads of things: If you've genuinely not installed anything that may have caused the problem, or mistakenly changed configurations of the laptop or the router, the first thing I'd be doing is checking your wireless channels aren't suffering interference from a nearby neighbour, or a windows update hasn't damaged your connection. There are probably a few other things that might cause the problem, but without any more info we're in the dark, I'm afraid.

How to choose the right wireless channel - you do this on your router, the wireless devices pick it up automatically.

#3 ashton_r

ashton_r
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2011 - 12:52 PM

Hmmm, is there any way to disable windows update? or uninstall? That may have been the problem. I have no clue what could cause it. Sometimes it allows me, and sometimes it doesn't. When I use my wireless card everything works just fine (it's just 3g is as slow as dial-up) I don't see how I can accidentally change something that causes a problem THIS big :(

#4 ashton_r

ashton_r
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2011 - 01:22 PM

Wow...Nevermind.I just pointed the antennas theother direction.but I had 4 bars!What could cause it not to connect?

#5 juggalo402

juggalo402

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:17 PM

Posted 19 July 2011 - 08:50 PM

i just the same laptop and having the same problem and i have updated the drivers and its still doing it the only time i get wifi is if im right next to the router what should i do????????

#6 Gorf1

Gorf1

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 PM

Posted 20 July 2011 - 04:38 AM

Wow...Nevermind.I just pointed the antennas theother direction.but I had 4 bars!What could cause it not to connect?

So wait - you've connected now, or you have 4 bars but still no connection?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users