Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista stuck configuring updates.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JustinDS89

JustinDS89

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:01 PM

Posted 13 July 2011 - 02:48 PM

Hi, I am a computer technician for a third party support company. I have been faced with an issue that I can not seem to resolve and would like to avoid the route of doing a clean install of the system.

I have come across a computer that is stuck on bootup configuring Windows updates. I have done a large amount of research plus my own methods and have still yet to come up with a solution and was wandering if anyone could provide some sort of insight, anything would be much appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dirtdog900

dirtdog900

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:01 PM

Posted 14 July 2011 - 08:27 AM

Does it boot in safe mode? If it does then I think you can clear out any pending updates from the command prompt. Let me know if it does boot and I'll try and track down the fix for you - I had a similar problem not long ago but can't remember the exact procedure!.

#3 MarkGS

MarkGS

• Members
  • 245 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:01 PM

Posted 15 July 2011 - 08:33 AM

What steps have you already taken through your research and methods?

#4 zogg

zogg

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:01 PM

Posted 25 August 2011 - 01:51 AM

try the steps below.

1. Open Start >> Run or press window key + r

2. Type “services.msc” (without quotes) and Click OK , this will open services window.

3. Right click on Automatic Updates Service and select Stop.

4. After the service is stopped, press window key + r

5. Type “%windir%\SoftwareDistribution” (without quotes) and press enter.

6. Open the Download folder and delete all contents of the Download folder.

7. Close the window, press Window Key + r ( or Open Start >> Run )

8. Type “services.msc” (without quotes) and Click OK

9. Right click on Automatic Updates Service and select Start.

10. That’s it Done

http://www.troublefixers.com/how-to-remove-downloaded-but-not-yet-installed-windows-update-files/

or just delete the files from safemode

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users