I am aware of the limitations of MSCONFIG, however it was the only way I could even get to services.msc, by using the diagnostic startup with all services disabled. From that point, I was able to selecetivly turn on services to observe the CPU usage, and when I got to Plug & Play, that's when the CPU usage shot up.
With Plug and Play service started, CPU usage is now at a steady 100%. Therefor, anything I click on or try to open, takes about 10 to 15 minutes to respond. It is now enabled, and I've been waiting for the Event Viewer to open, but it's been about 15 minutes now.
BTW-Safe Mode is even worse! I've also tried Debugging mode, as well as VGA mode.
If the Event Viewer ever comes up, I'll post the results.
Edit: The Event viewer finally opened. I've attached the exported .txt files of the events, starting today (7-14-11) at 7:11 a.m.. I then restarted with the PnP service disabled, and repeated above, for comparison. If you see something that needs looking at, please let me know.
Edit: This afternoon I ran the tasklist /svc /fi "imagename eq svchost.exe" command (with PnP enabled).
After about 10 minutes it returned this: Loading the tasks information...|Error: Server execution failed
Edited by Kewpy, 14 July 2011 - 04:45 PM.