Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Display only shows in safe mode

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mdoggy39

mdoggy39

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:22 PM

Posted 13 July 2011 - 12:35 PM

Hi , fresh install of vista premium, worked good on my monitor, brought to my friends house, he uses 32 " sharp aquos, no problem working before. But now, it boots, and can see start up on screen, then lose video signal.
When im in safe mode, it boots and no problem seeing video. So what i need to know, is what settings to change so tv will display in normal mode.

thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mdoggy39

mdoggy39
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:22 PM

Posted 13 July 2011 - 01:24 PM

Also, just noticed under device manager no monitor is listed, so how do i get it to recognize the monitor??

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,404 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:22 PM

Posted 13 July 2011 - 02:40 PM

Try changing the resolution of the card, not the monitor. The monitor documentation should have a recommended resolution for the video function.

Check the connections between the monitor and the system, although...if it works fine in safe mode, I would guess it's a driver issue for the card. In which case...I would uninstall the video drivers (in Device Manager) and then reinstall same.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users