Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System Restore automatically turning off

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Paddy Watkins

Paddy Watkins

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:05 PM

Posted 13 July 2011 - 07:31 AM

I like to have System Restore on just in case my laptop goes funny, I recently went to do a system restore after my laptop going v.slow and it said it was turned off, I know I hadn't manually turned it off so any ideas greatly appreciated!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MarkGS

MarkGS

• Members
  • 245 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 PM

Posted 13 July 2011 - 08:06 AM

Here is how you can turn it back on http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Turn-System-Restore-on-or-off just incase you don't know how. What anti-virus do you have? System Restore can be disabled by auto backup programs, it's nothing I would worry about though. Just reenable and start making those important restore points!

#3 Paddy Watkins

Paddy Watkins
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:05 PM

Posted 15 July 2011 - 09:11 AM

I know how to enable it. I am using Microsoft Security Essentials, the system restore points delete automatically after a while also!

#4 Wynn_M

Wynn_M

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:05 AM

Posted 23 July 2011 - 09:25 AM

Hello Paddy

I sympathise with you regarding your sys restore being anonamously turned off. I previously had Winxp home edition with all the xp3 upgrades and MS Essentials monitoring my system. Actually I think its rubbish as it didn't detect bugs that turned my sys restore off along with windows security system resulting in absolute chaos. My PC was old and due for renewal but I was forced to scrap it earlier than planned because of the damage done. I now have a new PC win7 with Superantispy installed as well and regularly use it after suspending MS Ess for the duration. it finds a lot of adware and bugs which MS Ess just can't see.

Sorry my friend but I believe you have some serious bugs - don't gamble on MS finding them. I'm just about to ditch it altogether and buy superantispyware to monitor my system. Spyware Doctor free is also great but won't kill bugs till you buy it but at least you know what's there. :thumbup2:

Good Luck
Wynn_M

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users