Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptops Assemble - Disassemble

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bnrr

bnrr

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:47 PM

Posted 12 January 2006 - 06:54 AM

I would like to see a tutorial on laptop assemble and disassemble. I am doing a self study
on laptop repair and just looking at the hardware is just so confusing.
I am not so familiar with laptops so I decided to do research on the subject.
If anyone out there knows a good site with a step - by - step with pictures showing the
procedure, or BC can create with their teams (am sure there are experts within BC community)
I am 100% sure that there are people/students with computer interest who would love this kind
of tutourals. Check with other sites that have laptop information, but they are so limited and
only have terms and glossary.
hope this can happen or be done :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:47 PM

Posted 12 January 2006 - 07:38 AM

Laptops are fairly specialized and every make and model is different so it would be difficult to write a tutorial that would cover everything.

I have found that many times if you research a laptop at the manufacturers website you can get some good info on the various parts and how to take them apart. A good example is this HP Support Manual. Have a look at pages 53 and 75.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#3 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:47 AM

Posted 24 January 2006 - 06:41 PM

This guy has taken apart a range of Toshiba laptops and photographed each step:
http://www.irisvista.com/

Like Leurgy said, every model is different.
hth :thumbsup:

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

#4 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:47 PM

Posted 29 March 2006 - 11:26 AM

So, I couldn't buy parts from a website (like Newegg for example), and toss together a laptop like I can a desktop? Is there not a standard to it all, like atx tower, mini atx etc., but for laptops? I had just assumed that I could go online and buy a case, cpu, ram etc. etc. and build one from scratch....which I was planning to do in the near future (well, this year anyways). Guess I might want to "retreat, regroup and reapproach" huh?
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#5 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:47 AM

Posted 29 March 2006 - 06:33 PM

You can find "build it yourself" laptop suppliers but really the correct title would be "option it yourself" as the basic laptop they offer does not change.

Although they all look very similar, so far as I'm aware every model/series of laptop is a custom design and the only standardised components are the hard drives and the RAM.
:thumbsup:

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users