Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Free Antivirus

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Marvz

Marvz

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:51 AM

Posted 13 July 2011 - 12:49 AM

My norton free edition is about to expire and I am looking for free antivirus. Please help guys...Thank you so much.
OS: Windows 7 Ultimate, Processor: Phenom II X4 955, Mobo: ASUS M4A89GTD RAM: 8 Gb DDR3, Storage: 1 TB WD, GPU: ASUS ATI 4890 and Saphire 4890 in crossfire, Sound card: Asus Xonar D1, PSU: Cooler Master 750 w , Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight

The Magician

• Security Colleague
  • 661 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 AM

Posted 13 July 2011 - 01:11 AM

Hey Marvz. :)

Please have a look at this post:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic407147.html

For free antivirus programs, you can't go wrong with one of these:

If you make yourself more than just a man, if you devote yourself to an ideal...you become something else entirely. A legend, Mr. Wayne, a legend!

If I have helped you please consider donating to the Neuroscience Research Institute.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 Oz Steve

Oz Steve

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 AM

Posted 13 July 2011 - 03:55 AM

Hi
I use Avira.
it seems quiet good
http://www.avira.com/en/avira-free-antivirus
i have no complaints as yet
i hope this helps you
Steve

#4 jeffce

jeffce

Bleepin' Super Saiyan

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,442 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:51 PM

Posted 13 July 2011 - 01:02 PM

I have used all three of those free AVs that are listed and I believe they all work quite well. I am actually using Agnitum Outpost Security at the present time and really like it.

WFxJwA4.png

mvp_horizontal_fullcolor-(copy2).jpeg

#5 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,847 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:51 PM

Posted 13 July 2011 - 04:11 PM

<snip>My norton free edition is about to expire</snip>

I'm not grasping the concept of what you're saying. Free edition expiring? If it's expiring it is a trial edition, or a paid for with a set time frame, not free. If it was truly free it would not expire.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#6 Marvz

Marvz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2011 - 08:25 PM

@ animal
sorry for the typo.. I mean trial edition..

Thank you so much guys.
OS: Windows 7 Ultimate, Processor: Phenom II X4 955, Mobo: ASUS M4A89GTD RAM: 8 Gb DDR3, Storage: 1 TB WD, GPU: ASUS ATI 4890 and Saphire 4890 in crossfire, Sound card: Asus Xonar D1, PSU: Cooler Master 750 w , Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000

#7 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,847 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:51 PM

Posted 13 July 2011 - 11:29 PM

Thank you for clarifying. Best of luck to you with your new AV, whichever one you decide to choose.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#8 Marvz

Marvz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2011 - 09:04 PM

Thanks again guys... This site is really great! Keep up the good work Bleeping computer... :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users