Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

dvd@cess

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 cbrueckman

cbrueckman

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:11 PM

Posted 12 July 2011 - 10:28 PM

I received an informational DVD from a healthcare provider and was unable to play it on my PC with Windows 7. Browsing thru its folders I saw this app DVD@cess and tried to instal it to play the DVD. I found out this program is not compatible with Windows 7 anbd it would not complete the setup to install the program. But now whenever I boot or reboot my computer it tries to load up the program and then gives me an error message. If I try to unintstall the program, I get an error message that it requires an NT service pack, Windows 2000 or Windows XP and that it is exiting.

Can you help me delete this program from my startup or otherwise complete the uninstallation?

thank you!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,112 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 PM

Posted 13 July 2011 - 09:29 AM

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-sound/dvdcess-and-vista/cb0704e0-6ec1-45da-a681-4b26467e8539

You could try a tool like Revo Uninstaller to remove it.

Or safe mode.

Louis

#3 calden

calden

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:11 PM

Posted 13 July 2011 - 02:30 PM

Try this

Open in safe mode (usually f8)
Click start run
Type C;\program files.
Locate and delete problem file.
Click start run.
Type %appdata%
Click ok
Locate and delete problem folder
You will now be able to untick this in startup when you open up msconfig
Restart PC as normal

#4 cbrueckman

cbrueckman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:11 PM

Posted 18 July 2011 - 04:31 PM

@hamluis: the answers.microsoft.com link did not provide any answers about removing the program.

@hamluis & @calden: safe mode didn't help either

I ended up restoring my system to the point before I tried to install this program. Then I had to install all the subsequent updates. Working fine now. thanks for your tips.

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,112 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 PM

Posted 18 July 2011 - 06:19 PM

Thanks for the feedback, glad you resolved it...happy computing :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users