Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Gateway desktop won't boot up

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 CCross

CCross

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:00 PM

Posted 12 July 2011 - 09:28 PM

I have 3 year old Gateway DX4720-03. Twice today I got the blue screen memory dump, didn't know what to do so turned off computer at tower. The 2nd time I turned it back on, it went to the screen to select to start up in safe mode etc. I just chose to start up regular way. Got my desk top with no problem, started running Spybot, then everything went black. Had to turn it off at tower again. Now when I turn it on I just get the Gateway Logo, then no signal RGB then screen goes dark again. It sounds like it wants to boot up but then the blue light display for the power button just fades in & out & nothing happens. Is my hard drive shot or do I have a virus or trogen horse?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users