Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Personal Shield Pro? Application Cannot Be Executed

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JB needs help

JB needs help

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:31 AM

Posted 12 July 2011 - 06:33 PM

Hi there and thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

My mother for some mistaken reason believes I am capable of being her windows help guy. I am not. She did something that screwed her whole system up, and now I am left to pick up the pieces. Unfortunately, I am a mac guy and barely even know how to use her Windows XP computer, and certainly not fix it.

What's happening:

Upon starting up, instantly a window from "Personal Shield Pro" is starting up notifying me of scans finding infections. I cannot seem to run any other program. "Application cannot be executed. The file mcshield.exe is infected. Please activate your antivirus software." is a little pop up balloon. I cannot start up the MCAfee Virus Scan that was intentionally installed on the computer. I tried to follow some of the instructions I found in another post, but couldn't get that to work.

If you tell me what I can do to provide you with any more info that would be helpful (as obviously that isn't enough information) I will most certainly do so. I appreciate any help you can offer!

Thanks very much,
jb

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Blade

Blade

Strong in the Bleepforce

• Site Admin
  • 12,704 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:31 AM

Posted 12 July 2011 - 06:45 PM

Hello JB Needs help and :welcome: to Bleeping Computer.

Try following the steps in this guide: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-personal-shield-pro

Let me know how it works, and if you have any issues.

~Blade

Posted Image

If I am helping you, it has been 48 hours since your last post, and I have yet to reply to your topic, please send me a PM
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook
Follow us on Twitter!
Circle us on Google+

#3 JB needs help

JB needs help
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:31 AM

Posted 13 July 2011 - 03:08 PM

Blade-

Thank you so much!

That seems to have done it.
I'll let you know if there are usage problems in the next day or so, but it seems to be ok now.

Thanks again,
jb

#4 Blade

Blade

Strong in the Bleepforce

• Site Admin
  • 12,704 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:31 AM

Posted 13 July 2011 - 04:59 PM

Glad I could help!

~Blade

Posted Image

If I am helping you, it has been 48 hours since your last post, and I have yet to reply to your topic, please send me a PM
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook
Follow us on Twitter!
Circle us on Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users