Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is This Justice ?! 60 Days

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,923 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 PM

Posted 12 January 2006 - 01:20 AM

I watched this on the news yesterday and I'm still angry. This animal gets 60 days for repeatedly raping a girl from the age of 6 til 10. That is 4 years,right! She is a child right! She will be hurt forever.
Here is the gist and a link to the story.

BILL O'REILLY, HOST: In the "Factor Investigation" segment tonight, a confessed child rapist gets 60 days 60 days! I know it's hard to believe, but it's true.

Thirty-four-year-old Mark Hulett Hulett, I should say, of Williston, Vermont, pled guilty to repeatedly raping a 6-year-old girl for four years until she was 10. Judge Edward Cashman, sentenced Hulett to 60 days in prison, even though the prosecutor had asked for 20 years.

Vermont has no mandatory minimum sentence for child rape, none. So, again, a child rapist gets 60 days courtesy of this man, Judge Cashman.

Reaction in Vermont is outrage.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,181214,00.html

Where are we going as a nation? Do not children even matter? Who is sicker the criminal or the Judge. I am angry. If either one of these two monsters crossed my path I'm sure I'd get more than 60 days for kicking their as*'s.
This Judge should be removed..
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 AM

Posted 12 January 2006 - 02:22 AM

How does one say....

Click Click Boom...

#3 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2006 - 07:34 AM

They should both be thrown into prison, for life.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2006 - 07:52 AM

60 days?! Well seems as tho this judge's judging capabilities are not trustworthy, the people will have to get him out of his position of power.

60 days for harming a child... repeatedy.. for 4 years. Hmm well I would guess his fellow prisoners might have an opinion to express regarding that. heh

I am pretty sure if the mother of that child went crazy because of this judge's very inept decision, and shot the offender she would get more than 60 days. Oh My GOD! That poor baby.

Pardon me, I think I will go cry now. :thumbsup:

OMG who was it that said, Let the punishment fit the crime. He should have recieved life with mandatory castration. JMHO

Edited by Pandy, 12 January 2006 - 07:57 AM.

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

#5 Papakid

Papakid

Guru at being a Newbie

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,584 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 AM

Posted 12 January 2006 - 09:59 AM

Hmm well I would guess his fellow prisoners might have an opinion to express regarding that. heh

Yeah, he'll get more punishment than 60 days incarceration. He may not even live to complete the sentence. I used to work at a prison so I know first hand about the code of honor among the prison population and what they think of inmates who abuse children in any way. Even had a first hand experience with what happens to these miscreants.

Maybe the judge was smarter than we think. Still 60 days is not enough.

The fate of all mankind, I see

Is in the hands of fools

--King Crimson

#6 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2006 - 12:02 PM

60 days is nowhere near enough, IMO. What kind of judicial system is this where a person could get arrested multiple times for shoplifting and serve a 6-month sentence, but a person who rapes a child for 4 years gets 60 days?

Man, hopefully that judge gets de-benched, de-barred, whatever you want to call it..... SOON

#7 rms4evr

rms4evr

• Members
  • 812 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2006 - 12:08 PM

60 days for harming a child... repeatedy.. for 4 years. Hmm well I would guess his fellow prisoners might have an opinion to express regarding that. heh

I agree. He might not make it out of jail. Some jails place these types of offenders in solitary confinment, so that his/her fellow inmates won't take matters into thier own hands.

Still, its an outrage. 60 days?? Luckily, in my state, the penalty for these types of crimes is much harsher.

#8 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2006 - 07:54 AM

Judge Edward Cashman's decision was based on the fact that, he believes that these type of offenders need to receive help.
In the state of Vermont sex-offfenders do not receive treatment untill they have served their sentence.

Of course barring the cold hard facts, that most all of these offenders (rapists & child molesters)
are unable to be treated successfully.

The judge stated that the sentence wouldof been much harsher had the state allowed treatment during jail time.
So the Dept of corrections reversed their decision and has said they would allow the offender Mark Hullet
to receive treatment immediatly, in hopes that the judge may then impose a longer sentence.

Prosecutors have filed a motion regarding this. So he now has a chance to change his decision

So we should all stay tuned.

This so called judge, once told a rape victim, that she had just suffered a harshness of daily life. :thumbsup: WTH?
Good God, since when is being raped a part of daily life?
Judge Edward Cashman should eiether resign or face impeachment! IMHO
He has been labeled an activist judge, but to me a better term would be renegade.
And as for the offenders punishment... I'm leaning towards drawn and quartered! The freak!

Edited by Scarlett, 13 January 2006 - 08:24 AM.

Posted Image

#9 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2006 - 08:15 AM

Scarlett~ I heard the news today too. IMO I do not care if he receives any help. Child predators are beyond it. They tell their counselors what they want to hear. All the treatment that waste of skin needs is the treatment he would hopefully be exposed to in jail. Anyway you look at this the damage is done to the child and there's no changing that. He should have to pay to the full and his OWN needs and right be damned. Maybe some would think I have a harsh attitude? Well it was a harsh thing the offender has done and he should pay for it.

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

#10 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• BC Advisor
  • 12,944 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2006 - 12:53 PM

I'm sorry... this judge needs to get his head examined... and you can tell him I said that!!!!!

We are talking about a 6 year old kid... 6! No excuses for this... none! I don't care what they feel about this offender. He is not the victim. The victim is the 6, now a 10 year old, who will live with that memory for the rest of her life. Period.

Judge Edward Cashman's decision was based on the fact that, he believes that these type of offenders need to receive help.
In the state of Vermont sex-offfenders do not receive treatment untill they have served their sentence.

:thumbsup: Treatment huh? I am so tired of this crap. Here's your treatment. Treat him like the low life he is and castrate the *beep* and send him to jail for a long, long time. :flowers: Ever hear of the word responsibility????? In my eyes, both the offender, and now the judge, bear the responsibilty for not protecting that child.

The system failed that little girl. Let that include us as well if he gets only the 60 days and nothing changes.

Rigel

Edited by rigel, 13 January 2006 - 12:56 PM.

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

#11 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 AM

Posted 13 January 2006 - 05:02 PM

It's clearly not the kind of news that will help deter other sexual predators from
actions I find repulsive, and light sentencing with obscure and convoluted
logic/rhetoric attached just furthers lack of respect for judicial action
that apparently is bent out of shape from most everyone's
standpoint. How did law arrive at such a state of
disrepair?
patiently patrolling, plenty of persisant pests n' problems ...

#12 frankie12

frankie12

• Members
  • 941 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2006 - 06:43 PM

I agree with everyone else that says that 60 days is not enough! I think he should be thrown in jail for at least 20 years. The prosecution was on the light side of things but the judge went even lower. This judge should loose his license.

#13 BlueMonkey

BlueMonkey

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2006 - 05:17 AM

Apprently The judge is going to change the sentence to 3 years because of the public outcry.

#14 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2006 - 05:50 PM

Take his nads out with an ice cream scoop!
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#15 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2006 - 06:31 AM

Take his nads out with an ice cream scoop!

Ow that sounds painful (having caught my finger in one). Better idea chain him naked in the showers of a SuperMax prison (Eye for an Eye) then if that dont work kill him. Old fashioned public hanging should set an example for anyone else.

BTW 3 months is pretty much equal to 60 days. Days is the total number of days you spend in prison (no more, no less). Months are rounded so he could actually see less prison time then with the 60 days (ie go in Jan 31 get out mid March w/ good behavior, is technicaly 3 months Jan, Feb, Mar)

Edited by BlackSpyder, 31 January 2006 - 06:35 AM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users