Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

USB Flash Drive Not Recognized

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 stantech

stantech

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:01 AM

Posted 12 July 2011 - 02:04 PM

I have a Dane-Elec 4G Flash Dirve that is not recognized in numerous computers. When the drive is plugged in a message that a "UDB Device Not Recognized" appears. The device manager shows an unknown driver and the propeties of the driver indicate that no driver was loaded. I can't see the drive at all in my computer nor can it be seen when booting into Linux. Can anyone help me recover the data from this drive?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,540 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2011 - 02:38 PM

Unfortunately, it sounds as though the drive has failed since it does not work in multiple systems.
If that is the case, it is doubtful that you can recover the data on the drive.
In the beginning there was the command line.

#3 stantech

stantech
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2011 - 08:00 AM

Thanks, I suspected that to be the case.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users