Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Yet another Credit Card Email SCAM

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 petewills

petewills

• Members
  • 1,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:02 AM

Posted 12 July 2011 - 10:39 AM

Beware this SCAM. Email from creditdepartment.com headed 'Important Notice - Payment by credit card overdue', or some such.

Do not open malicious attachment.

Report on Internet as follows:

"Scam Reports Tagged: helping(at)creditdepartment.com

Content below reported as SCAM. Tip: Get McAfee AntiVirus

Payment by credit card overdue

NOTE: This malicious email is accompanied by an attachment. Do not open or download.

Subject: Payment by credit card overdue
File attached: Financial_Statement#90032.zip (20.5 KB)

Body:
Dear Customer,

Your Credit Card is one week overdue.
Below your Card information

Customer 8339526339
Number XXXXXX
Card Limit XXXXXX
Pay Date 29 Jun 2011

The details are attached to this e-mail.
Please read the financial statement properly.

If you pay the debt within 2 days, there will be no extra-charges.
In 2 days $25 late fee and a finance charge will be imposed on your account.

Please do not reply to this email, its automatic mail notification.
Thank you.

Hidden section of message
Ill have to chop some of that pine! Noddy can carry me safer than I can walk on this ledge, so I want you girls to promise to keep the horses close about you and wait right here until I get back! said Polly, taking the ax from the pack. Yes, we will have to remain in the cave all night, and it gets so terribly cold upon these mountain peaks that we will be frozen unless we warm up the interior of the cavern. Then, too, we may need to keep fires going at the back end of the cave as well as in front, to ward off wild beasts! They were slowly advancing when another awful crash came from the slope above. Both girls ducked instinctively, but the decayed pine that was broken off above ground fell over the edge of the cliff just in front of them and obstructed the way so that progress was impossible. When enough wood was chopped to clear a way on the ledge, Polly showed Eleanor how to make bundles of it. These were tied by means of the rope to Noddys harness and carefully dragged back to the cave."

The heading should be enough to put you off. As far as I know, Credit Card companies NEVER send emails like this.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users