Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is my Malware blocking my Avast security?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 Nardcore805

Nardcore805

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 AM

Posted 12 July 2011 - 10:32 AM

i recently was having problems with every part of my laptop it seems and my AVG said all was good but a friend suggested Avast and he was a professor for ITT. I loaded that and Malware Bytes then upgraded to the pay version of both and ran the scans which Malware found several trojans ect. Since then neither has not a one virus or anything in the quarantine areas but constantly I do see a window at the bottom right saying Malware has successfully blocked a incoming threat. when I check the logs here is what I get and it is blocking a outgoing port IP but at the end says Avast.exe are they conflicting with each other?? Please help me determine what's wrong.
Thank you

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MarkGS

MarkGS

• Members
  • 245 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 AM

Posted 13 July 2011 - 08:30 AM

Simple answer to your question.. yes they are conflicting with eachother. It is only recommend to have ONE live scanner on your computer. I would suggest removing AVG, Avast and keeping the paid version of MBam as your antivirus since it provides active security.

#3 wpfo

wpfo

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:32 AM

Posted 13 July 2011 - 05:42 PM

Yeah they probably are conflicting. My recommendation is you kick avg out and keep avast and MBAM.

#4 Union_Thug

Union_Thug

Bleeps with the fishes...

• Members
  • 2,355 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2011 - 06:53 PM

@Mark: Ummm...NO. MBAM is NOT a replacement for a resident Anti-Virus, it is a supplement. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic380441.html/page__p__2141871#entry2141871

No single product is 100% foolproof and can prevent, detect and remove all threats at any given time. The security community is in a constant state of change as new infections appear. Each vendor has its own definition of what constitutes malware and scanning your computer using different criteria will yield different results. The fact that each program has its own definition files means that some malware may be picked up by one that could be missed by another. Thus, a multi-layered defense using several anti-spyware products (including an effective firewall) to supplement your anti-virus combined with common sense, safe computing and safe surfing habits provides the most complete protection.

Credit quietman7 for above quoted text.

Edited by Union_Thug, 13 July 2011 - 07:02 PM.

#5 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,492 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2011 - 07:11 PM

Closing this as the duplicate topic is proessing here http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic409185.html/page__p__2332133#entry2332133

wpfo said

My recommendation is you kick avg out and keep avast and MBAM
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users