Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System Problems

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 w1536uy

w1536uy

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:57 AM

Posted 12 July 2011 - 06:05 AM

It start when my laptop has crash in hal.dll
After fix this hal.dll, it still couldnot start,then I have to rename boot.bak to boot.ini.
Before that I tried using recovery but couldnot work well..

after rename boot.bak to boot.ini,, I could restart my laptop..
But seem like everything change to earlier stage..
Every software look like new install,, they show the introduction page as when we install new software..

Almost all software could run well,, but I got the hardware problem that I couldnot solve until today :
a. "ghost" floppy disk controller in Device Manager ..same as Adam Have
b. Sound not working ( Sigmatel ) ... yellow mark at Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio
c. Fn F2 to activate the wifi also not working,, while other function of Fn stil working such as Fn F8 to brightness adjustment

I tried to install all the driver from beginning but still couldnot help ,,even finding the latest update driver ..

I want to reinstall my laptop , but I have original OEM license of Win XP Home and Win Office 2007.
If I reinstall it with copy of Win XP ( cause I don't have any original CD)... could I keep the original license?

My Computer Specification is :
NEC E3100-1702DR
Intel Pentium M 740
(1.73 GHz, 2MBL2 Cache, 533M FSB)
14" WXGA SSV TFT Display
1GB DDR2 + 1GB DDR2
Integrated Intel Alviso-GM (915GM)
60GB HDD 5400 RPM
Integrated DVD-Dual + R DL (Double Layer)
Integrated 56K V.92 Modem + 10/100 Ethernet Lan
Wireless Lan 802.11b/g
Bluetooth Module
XP Home

Edited by hamluis, 12 July 2011 - 09:02 AM.
Split from old topic, slight edit, PM sent new OP.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users