Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MS WORD DOESN'T OPEN ANY DOCUMENT

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 kadida

kadida

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 PM

Posted 12 July 2011 - 07:25 AM

WHEN I TRY TO OPEN ANY DOCUMENT I SEE THIS MESSAGE '' THIS PROGRAM IS NOT INSTALLED FOR THIS USER, CLOSE THE DIALOGUE BOX''

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,614 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 AM

Posted 12 July 2011 - 07:25 AM

Has it ever worked or has it always been this way?

Edited by Allan, 12 July 2011 - 07:26 AM.

#3 kadida

kadida
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2011 - 07:54 AM

it use to wark propely , this happened since 2 days

#4 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,614 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2011 - 07:56 AM

What is new or different since the last time everything worked properly (ie, new hw, new sw, virus, error, etc)?

#5 kadida

kadida
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2011 - 08:05 AM

nothing new but we use usb every time geuss virus

#6 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,614 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2011 - 08:07 AM

I don't understand your last post. Are you saying you think it's a virus? If so, post in the Am I Infected forum.

#7 kadida

kadida
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2011 - 08:16 AM

I'am not sure because other programs are warking propely if Iwas infected other application would be infected

#8 FoxtrotCharlie

FoxtrotCharlie

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 AM

Posted 14 July 2011 - 08:08 AM

You said that when you try to open any document, it responds with "yadda-yadda". But then later you said that other programs are working properly. Could you clarify this? Which programs aren't working correctly and which are? Perhaps we can localize the issue a little better. If it's just MS Office programs, for example, that are no longer responding, then we can focus on fixing that particular issue.

One thing that might help would be to try and open a program directly. Instead of clicking on a document, try opening the program itself. Take MS Word for example. Try opening the program itself. If you can get Word to start, then try and open a document once you have Word already running. Sometimes the file association gets screwed up. It may be as simple as the association redirecting to the wrong program when you try to open a particular document. That would be an easy fix, but I'm guessing that this may be more complicated. Still, it's where I would start, if you haven't already tried it.
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it ot pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users