Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Getnet router to Livebox aargh

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 MrHenderson

MrHenderson

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:58 AM

Posted 12 July 2011 - 04:14 AM

I'm trying to use the ultra-cheap Getnet GR-124W wireless router in WISP mode to extend the range of a Wanadoo 3D-68 Livebox. Looking at the configuration pages of the two devices, the Livebox lists the Getnet as an associated device, and the Getnet cheerily reports a healthy link to the Livebox. But the Getnet-to-Livebox route will not yield one actual bean of data from the internet. I can't even get into the Livebox configuration pages through the Getnet (my browser reports 'connection refused').

Details: I've mostly been trying the Getnet on the ethernet port of an old Linux notebook, with the Livebox connected by wireless (Tenda PCI card) to an XP desktop so I can see what's going on. I've run the latest Getnet firmware update. I've tried switching off the firewall and encryption in the Livebox. I'm certain I've entered the WEP key correctly (copied and pasted from the same document on both PCs). I've re-set access to the Getnet from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.3 to prevent any confusion. Both devices are on channel 1. They're both in the same room at present.

It looks as though the Livebox won't fully open up to the Getnet for some reason. Is there anything else I can try?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:58 PM

Posted 16 July 2011 - 01:27 AM

Try disabling wep see if you can ping the getnet router, then try pinging the dsl modem (you wont get the modem if you can't ping the router). Does your dsl require a username and password? Lastly are you in europe allot of the info on that model of router is in french and several other languages besides english?

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users