Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Email Help Needed ASAP!!!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mishdog

mishdog

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:31 AM

Posted 12 July 2011 - 03:24 AM

I'm having an issue with my email account.

I use IMAP for the account, and for some reason it has started marking every email as new even after I open it and read it. It also won't let me perform any actions except sending emails. So I can't delete emails or anything like that - if I do they just re-appear in 30 seconds or so.

The account sometimes comes up with an error message saying:

Your IMAP server has not responded in 60 seconds.

It also displays the account and server.

My concern is now that the emails are piling up and there will be so many that other problems will arise. I have already had days where I can't send or receive emails at all. This problem happens on any client I use, whether it be web mail, a desktop mail client, my phone etc.

Any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mishdog

mishdog
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2011 - 09:42 AM

bump..

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,760 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 PM

Posted 13 July 2011 - 07:36 PM

What email client and what email domain? Not much to go on with the information thus far. Been in contact with the email provider support team on the IMAP issue?

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#4 mishdog

mishdog
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2011 - 04:40 AM

What email client and what email domain? Not much to go on with the information thus far. Been in contact with the email provider support team on the IMAP issue?

Well I use windows live mail, but the same is happening when I log in via web mail, and on my android phone. So wherever I access the account from, all emails show back up as new and can't delete etc. Soon it is going to be causing major problems as there are too many emails in there. Not sure what domain you mean?? Mail server is mail.companyname.com.

No I haven't, not sure who that is, how do I find out? Also, have you any idea what the problem could be based on what explained?

Thanks BTW

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users