Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Travelling to Downunder?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Drovers Dog

Drovers Dog

• Members
  • 1,048 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:13 PM

Posted 12 July 2011 - 01:03 AM

If travelling into Crocodile country in Australia be VERY aware of the dangers of swimming there.

This is from Darwin, Nothern Territory, Australia.

Posted Image

A monster 5.5m saltwater croc named Brutus gave a boatload of tourists a moment they will never forget south of Darwin, last week.

And yes, it's real.

NT News photographer Katrina Bridgeford took this amazing photograph of Brutus, a 5.5m saltwater croc on the Adelaide River, just over 100km south of Darwin, last week.

Link to it. http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/national/astonishing-picture-of-55m-saltwater-crocodile-leaping-from-the-water-is-brutus-a-tourist-favourite-in-nt/story-e6freooo-1226092897186

Always be aware of the dangers Downunder, listen to locals, they really do know.

Ray

Edited by Drovers Dog, 12 July 2011 - 01:04 AM.

What ever you give to others, you will get back doubled, Just make sure you only give Nice Things?......DD saying

There is a saying, "You just can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear" it means "to be happy with what you have and not look for the impossible"......DD saying

The "Spirit" of the people who died, on that terrible day 9/11 will NEVER REST until such time as the "Imbeciles" that caused it, are eliminated through out the World.....DD saying

What is a Dog?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jnk1296

jnk1296

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:13 PM

Posted 12 July 2011 - 01:51 AM

:blink: wow...

#3 The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight

The Magician

• Security Colleague
  • 661 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 PM

Posted 12 July 2011 - 07:25 PM

Ah yes, meet one of the locals of home...and that's just one of the ones you can see... :wink:

If you make yourself more than just a man, if you devote yourself to an ideal...you become something else entirely. A legend, Mr. Wayne, a legend!

If I have helped you please consider donating to the Neuroscience Research Institute.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 Union_Thug

Union_Thug

Bleeps with the fishes...

• Members
  • 2,355 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:13 PM

Posted 13 July 2011 - 07:08 AM

Is that a croc, or a frikkin' Tyrannosaurus Rex? :P

#5 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,545 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:13 PM

Posted 13 July 2011 - 01:26 PM

I am staying WAAYY far away from that thing!
It's bigger than the people in the boat, and probably the boat too!

Half way across the planet might not be far enough!
In the beginning there was the command line.

#6 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,742 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:13 PM

Posted 13 July 2011 - 01:41 PM

For perspective 5.5 meters = 18.0446194 feet. Or 3 times the height of a six foot tall man, not counting overall mass.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#7 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:13 PM

Posted 15 July 2011 - 06:14 AM

I wonder if the guy in the red shirt had to change his pants when they got back on solid ground.. :blink:
"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

#8 Gunto

Gunto

Bleepin' Reject Phoenix

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,291 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:13 PM

Posted 15 July 2011 - 06:22 AM

Eighteen feet? Man, even the crocs of yesteryear would be proud! :o

Beautiful avatar by Plumbeck!

Bury me in honor; when I'm dead and hit the ground, a love back home, it unfolds...

#9 Drovers Dog

Drovers Dog
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,048 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:13 PM

Posted 15 July 2011 - 06:58 AM

Eighteen feet? Man, even the crocs of yesteryear would be proud! :o

He is a Baby to yesterday, and today, Mate. They date back to the Dinosaurs and are one of the few remaining links to them.

Edit: More information

http://marinebio.org/species.asp?id=187

BTW Bruus is quite Trained by the regular Feeds he gets as can be seen from my last link about their intellegence, but I for one. would NEVER Swim in there to check it out,

Ray.

Edited by Drovers Dog, 15 July 2011 - 07:23 AM.

What ever you give to others, you will get back doubled, Just make sure you only give Nice Things?......DD saying

There is a saying, "You just can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear" it means "to be happy with what you have and not look for the impossible"......DD saying

The "Spirit" of the people who died, on that terrible day 9/11 will NEVER REST until such time as the "Imbeciles" that caused it, are eliminated through out the World.....DD saying

What is a Dog?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users