Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Not loading web images in IE9 & FF5

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 eatworksleepdie

eatworksleepdie

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:39 PM

Posted 11 July 2011 - 03:39 PM

HP Pavillion DV6 laptop running Windows 7.

Problem: Internet Explorer 9 and also Firefox 5 do not load web images. Strangely though, Google Chrome seems to work.
Attached you will find some screen captures. I think both were done before the browsers were updated.
So far, I've updated the browsers to the newest version, and updated java to 6.26.

I've poked around, and have done some searches, but am not coming up with anything.
Please help!

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Armoth

Armoth

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:39 PM

Posted 12 July 2011 - 02:20 PM

download adobe flash latest version should fix this problem

#3 eatworksleepdie

eatworksleepdie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2011 - 10:30 AM

The computer has the latest version of flash, it still has the same not loading images issue.

anyone?

#4 Armoth

Armoth

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:39 PM

Posted 13 July 2011 - 12:33 PM

well a similiar situation happened with a work computer where i worked at and no matter what we tried we couldnt get the images to show and if someone else logged on the images would show. It was more difficult cause we were using roaming profiles so in the end we did a complete reinstall for the user and the problem went away. You could also try sfc /scannow and see if it comes up with anything but if it was same thing we were dealing with just reinstall either from the hidden factory partition or from dvd.

#5 eatworksleepdie

eatworksleepdie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2011 - 05:28 PM

Still looking for assistance, hopefully someone can help. I would like to avoid reinstalling the operating system if at all possible. Please, I need some help!!

#6 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:39 PM

Posted 18 July 2011 - 06:16 PM

What Anti-Virus do you have?

#7 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,644 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:39 PM

Posted 19 July 2011 - 07:04 AM

Please try two things.

1) Run IE in "no add-on mode" or run Firefox in Safe Mode (there should be shortcuts for both in your start menu). Does that make any difference?

2) If the above makes no difference, please try a selective startup. It may or may not help, but even if it doesn't it will rule out some things: Open msconfig and on the General tab choose "selective startup" (uncheck all three items) and reboot. Does the problem still occur? If not, start adding items back to msconfig one or two at a time, rebooting after each change, until the problem reappears and you'll have identified the offending process. This is clearly a time consuming procedure, but it is the best way to determine if some process loading with the system is the cause of your problem.
After you've isolated the cause, do not use msconfig to permanently disable the process. Instead, if it is a service go to START - RUN and type: services.msc (then press enter) and disable the service OR, if it a program, you can download & run a simple app such as Mike Lin's Startup Control Panel (http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml) to enable, disable, or otherwise manage startup programs.

#8 eatworksleepdie

eatworksleepdie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2011 - 08:55 AM

Thank you for the help, both of you! I'm not positive of the antivirus software offhand, I think it's Malwarebytes? I'll double check though.

The computer is not with me at the moment, I will try to mess with it real soon (hopefully either tonight or tomorrow night) and post up the results!
It's not my computer, it's a friends computer, so I need to make arrangements to meet up with her to work on it.

#9 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:39 PM

Posted 19 July 2011 - 08:57 AM

Malwarebytes is not anti-virus it is anti-malware/spyware.

#10 eatworksleepdie

eatworksleepdie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2011 - 09:16 AM

gotcha, not sure what I was thinking. guess I wasn't, haha! I'll check though and post it up soon, thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users