Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Shuts Down

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 frustrated2

frustrated2

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:19 AM

Posted 11 January 2006 - 09:55 PM

Just recieved my dream system tonight, and guess what, I can't get it started. I plugged in the monitor, keyboard, mouse, everything is hooked up and ready to go. Hit the power button, it looks like it checks all the drives and card reader and such, the MSI logo for the mother board comes on the monitor, and then POOF, the cpu shuts down, it runs for maybe 15 seconds. After it shuts down the monitor says to check it's connection, I tried both monitor ports on the video card. The computer is custom from Cyber Power, with a MSI Diamond motherboard, Nvidia GE7800 GT video card, intel Pentium D 830 dual core, with 2 GBS of 667mhz Ram, a Beast 680 watt power supply and a Maxtor 300gb hard-drive. The fans are running. Tech support has gone home for the day. Any ideas? I feel like a kid with his nose pressed against the glass at a candy store, I got a dollar, but the store's closed.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 AL...

AL...

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:19 PM

Posted 12 January 2006 - 03:26 AM

Well frustrated2 that really sux. Dont go messin with it till you get hold of them or they may try to wiggle and squirm out of helping you. When you get it fixed feel free to send it to me for a thorough 6 month test (at no cost to you) :thumbsup:
Your interests (Check Length), Your location (Check Length). What if I dont need to check my length?
Religion has a built-in defense system: anything that questions a belief, no matter how logical the argument is, is the work of "the devil" by the very fact that it makes you question a belief.
Don't eat yellow snow.

#3 frustrated2

frustrated2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:19 AM

Posted 12 January 2006 - 07:02 PM

Problem solved!! The heatsink/fan got jarred loose in shipping, I reseated it and everything is working fine.

Just recieved my dream system tonight, and guess what, I can't get it started. I plugged in the monitor, keyboard, mouse, everything is hooked up and ready to go. Hit the power button, it looks like it checks all the drives and card reader and such, the MSI logo for the mother board comes on the monitor, and then POOF, the cpu shuts down, it runs for maybe 15 seconds. After it shuts down the monitor says to check it's connection, I tried both monitor ports on the video card. The computer is custom from Cyber Power, with a MSI Diamond motherboard, Nvidia GE7800 GT video card, intel Pentium D 830 dual core, with 2 GBS of 667mhz Ram, a Beast 680 watt power supply and a Maxtor 300gb hard-drive. The fans are running. Tech support has gone home for the day. Any ideas? I feel like a kid with his nose pressed against the glass at a candy store, I got a dollar, but the store's closed.

#4 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 PM

Posted 13 January 2006 - 06:44 AM

Nice work! Thanks for letting us know what fixed it. :thumbsup:

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users