Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 Upgrade

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DreadTech

DreadTech

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:50 AM

Posted 11 July 2011 - 11:56 AM

Hello Out There I have a Dell Studio 1537 that had Windows Vista So i upgraded to Windows 7 Ultimate With No Issues. I noticed that randomly the machine would just shut down with no warning i disconnected the USB hard drive and mouse and it did the same. My last resort was using it off the battery and never shut down. I checked the charger and its not a factory dell charger its a replacement. Once i plug it in the machine shuts down. If i get a genuine Dell Charger will that resolve the issue?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:50 PM

Posted 11 July 2011 - 12:00 PM

Did it do this while using Vista, and what happened to the original charger?

#3 MarkGS

MarkGS

• Members
  • 245 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:50 AM

Posted 12 July 2011 - 09:27 AM

Once i plug it in the machine shuts down. If i get a genuine Dell Charger will that resolve the issue?

It also shuts down when you plug the A/C adapter in?

It if is shutting down when you connect USB devices look inside the port and see if any pins are bent or if the port has any damage? It sounds like the board is getting shorted out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users