Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

rKill after effects

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 marcin714

marcin714

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:59 AM

Posted 11 July 2011 - 09:39 AM

Hey. A few weeks ago (maybe a month even?) I used rKill to get rid of the Windows 7 Security virus (the one that looks almost exactly like the security center and doesn't let you access practically anything). So, I used rKill. It didn't work the first time (it ran, removed something, but the virus was still active), so I ran it several times (third time's the charm (which it was, actually)). In the process, rKill must have removed something cruicial to accessing the internet, because I simply can't. Firefox doesn't work, neither does Internet explorer (I'm writing this on another computer naturally). I tried free Window registry repair, but that didn't solve the problem. Before the virus and rKill, I could access the internet at speeds superior to my other computers. So, that is my dilemma. Any advice?

(When I say they don't work, they tell me to diagnose my internet connection (they still open up, and firefox shows it's default homepage (with the search powered by google)))

Edited by marcin714, 11 July 2011 - 09:41 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:59 AM

Posted 11 July 2011 - 09:52 AM

rKill only kills processes and does not remove anything. What else did you do after running rKill?

#3 marcin714

marcin714
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2011 - 10:00 AM

Nothing. I installed malware bytes, which worked fine, and that's it.

#4 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2011 - 10:01 AM

Post the log that Malwarebytes created when you scanned with it.

#5 marcin714

marcin714
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2011 - 10:38 AM

There are two strange things. The first is that malware bytes detected nothing. In all categories, nothing. In ALL of the logs (there were three of them for that date, and theya re the only three there). the other strange thing is that I have no way to post them here, as in, I don't have anything to move it on hand (no cds or usbs).

#6 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2011 - 10:44 AM

Can you get some cd's?

#7 marcin714

marcin714
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2011 - 10:51 AM

Not today; I'll see if I can get them tommorow.

#8 BarleyBo

BarleyBo

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2011 - 02:09 PM

More than likely you need to rebuild your tcp\ip stack. Sometimes malware can corrupt your registry preventing internet access. Go to command prompt (as administrator) At the command prompt, copy and paste (or type) the following command and then press ENTER:

netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt

then reboot.

Edited by BarleyBo, 12 July 2011 - 02:09 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users