Posted 10 July 2011 - 11:41 PM
I originally posted the follow post on the "Am I Infected" formus and ran a few scans to check but doesn't look like it's a virus or malware.
I've actually had touchpad/curser jumping for quite a while, but nothing like this. Could this be a hardware issue? Can you even replace a laptop touchpad for a reasonable price if so? Thanks!
Not sure whats going on here but I have a very strange problem that doesn't sound exactly like anything I've seen in other formus. It all has to do with my touchpad on a DELL Latitude E5400 that started about 3 days ago. The best I can explain it is to give numerous descriptions of the symptoms and go from there. Thanks in advance for your help:
1) On rebooting, icons on desktop work but not on taskbar. Once I open the taskmanager, everything seems to work semi-normal. through other formus many people descriped taskpad situation that required them to stop explorer.exe then start to get their taskbar icons to work. I don't actually have to restart explorer.exe, just starting the task manager then closing it seems to work. But still some wierd glitches like...
2) When on web (IE9) if I hit back it doesn't work unless I hit back at least twice in quick sucessesion. Actually, many "click items" like scroll bars, min/max window, etc need two clicks to work...
3) When on Excel, once I click on a cell it won't let me unclick. It keeps holding on like I wanted to select multiple cells. Enter/ESC/Paste/left click/right click nothing helps. only way out is to open task manager and kill it.
4) Sometimes "Xing" out of a program (Excel, outlook, Word, etc) works, sometimes not.
5) Numerous other buttons don't work sporatically.
I've tried scanning for viruses on multiple anti-virus programs, everthing reads clean. I did a Windows System Restore to an earlier date a week ago before I started having problems, ran spybot, etc. Even updated anything Dell had including a touchpad driver. Any ideas? does this sound like a virus or a systems problem? I even started with HijackThis but got a few error messages about HJT being denied access to Hosts file and again when trying to save the log.
Where to start?