Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Signs Online Fine..but Will Not Do Anything Else...help

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Brandy8477

Brandy8477

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:21 AM

Posted 11 January 2006 - 08:39 PM

Ok about 2 months ago i got the spy sherriff virus, and used your website to get rid of it thank you!

Then the day after christmas i dial up to the internet (I hate livin in the boonies) and i click on Internet Explorer and the page pops up and says "Finding site www.yahoo.com" then it goes to "Cannot Display Page" When you go to type in another website, an error box comes up and says 'cannot Display Search page" When you click on my Instant Messenger to sign-on it trys to connect and then Says "cannot connect" "The AIM service cannot be reached"

I have uninstalled my modem and then reinstalled it, I have taken everything off the operating system and put it back on, and nothing works!!!!! Then i started inspecting my C drive and i noticed 1 of the files from the spy sherriff virus was still there, could that be effecting my internet? Im just so lost, and i dont have alot of money to take it to someone. And i need my computer for school and work. Thank god Mom & Dad let me come over to borrow their's to write this post.

Please tell me that someone out there knows a little something about whats going on.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:21 AM

Posted 12 January 2006 - 12:37 AM

I suggest you post a HijackThis log for examination, to be sure your computer is infection free.
Spy sherriff can be tough to remove.
A member of the HijackThis Team will walk you through, step by step, how to disinfect your computer.

Read How to post a HijackThis Log.
Please read, and follow, all directions carefully.

Then, run a log, and post it in the HijackThis forum, at this link. Do not, fix anything, yet.
A member, of the HJT Team, will help you out.
It may take a while to get a response, because the HJT Team are very busy. Please, be patient, these people are volunteers. They will help you out, as soon as possible.

NOTE:
Once you have made the post, please, DO NOT make another post in the HJT forum, until it has been responded to by a member of the HJT Team. The first thing they look for, when looking for logs to reply to, is 0 replies. If you make another post, there will be 1 reply. The team member, glancing over the replies, might assume someone is already helping you out, and will not respond. So, just make your post, and let it sit there, until a team member responds. This way you will be taken care of, in the most timely manner.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Brandy8477

Brandy8477
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:21 AM

Posted 12 January 2006 - 08:50 AM

Thank you for the info.

Brandi

#4 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:21 AM

Posted 12 January 2006 - 08:58 AM

You're welcome, Brandi.
Good luck.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users