It removed them. A Safe Mode full scan with AVG 2011 found no issues. I also ran Microsoft's Malicious removal tool and it found nothing.
At the present time, I have browser redirects in IE9, Chrome and Firefox although IE is the most affected...seems to want to redirect away from Micro. sites, any Anti Virus site, etc.
Also, I can not enable Service Center. I can go in and set the service to "Automatic (Delayed)" but it will not start.
*** EDIT *** Removing DDS printout as my issue was solved.
It doesn't appear a response is coming quickly but I do have some status updates. I am running WIndows 7 x64 with all available updates and SP 1. I had also been running Security Essentials. It found nothing. I then ran the following software:
- Malwarebytes (found items in my first post but didn't fix the redirects and Security Center shutting off)
- Trojan Remover (NOTHING)
- SuperAntispyware (FOUND NOTHING)
- AVG full command line scan (nothing found)
- Combofix (found nothing)
- TDSSKiller (nothing)
- Rkill (nothing)
- and finally, Avast quick scan (BINGO!!!!! found something!)
After running Avast on a whim, it found a file in the C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ folder. The file was hidden and was called "msorc32rn.dll."
Avast called it "Win32\ Trojan-gen"
I had to run it in safe mode to allow Avast access to quarantine the file. Once I did that and rebooted...all problems are gone. No more browser redirects and Security Center is on. I did have to go into services.msc to manually enable it, but it stopped automatically disabling it.
That one was a bear. I haven't received a virus/trojan in over 10 years!
Hats off to Avast. I haven't used it in quite a while but have dumped Security Essentials and installed Avast Free Edition, moving forward.
EDIT: Posts merged ~Budapest
Edited by Budapest, 11 July 2011 - 05:45 PM.