Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help with built-in microphone

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 YesImOtto

YesImOtto

• Members
  • 284 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:20 PM

Posted 10 July 2011 - 06:13 AM

Hi fellow BleepingComputers!

I have a problem. I have a built-in mic, however it seems it doesnt work when I tried video calling someone on facebook.

He told me that there are some settings at the bottom right corner, which lets you choose external mic or internal or integrated etc. However on my screen there was nothing there.

I can hear him perfectly fine, but cannot talk to him because he cant hear me.

Please help me, other programs I am fine, such as talking on Steam, or MSN. Just not Facebook.

Please help me.

Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 YesImOtto

YesImOtto
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 284 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2011 - 11:11 PM

Could someone please help me :(

#3 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,133 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:20 AM

Posted 10 July 2011 - 11:54 PM

What operating system are you running>>>....xp ?...vista ??.....

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#4 YesImOtto

YesImOtto
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 284 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2011 - 08:13 AM

Thank you.

I am running Windows 7. I use call on MSN it works fine. haven tried video call on MSN though.

So at the moment I am thinking of two possibilities:

1. My mic doesnt work with video calls, no matter where, be it MSN Facebook etc. (Could this be the case?)

2. Facebook's end, not my problem. Maybe they are still working on the new video call, and there are some glitches. It is not even available to everyone just yet. So I think there may be some errors.

What do you think?

Thanks again people.

#5 YesImOtto

YesImOtto
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 284 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2011 - 09:09 PM

I just did video call with a friend on MSN, it worked fine.

SO I guess this is Facebook's end? I hope they will fix it soon. I think it may be that because ..well....they add new things and things may be glitchy ?

What do you guys think?

#6 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 6,133 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2011 - 10:33 PM

I would imagine that becasue this is relatively "new", it still has a few 'glitches"....this is not unusual in freshly rolled out software contained in social networking sites.
I assume you have checked your mic setting in control panel etc to be sure it is set as the default. (Start, Control Panel, Sound Speech and Audio Devices, and click on the Voice tab.)

You can also check in device manager and choose update drivers.
Ok,,....seeing I run XP, that is about the extent of my knowledge.
Good Luck Sumosalad,
Brian
Outback Australia

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#7 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 6,133 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2011 - 12:21 AM

"Currently you can only call FB to FB using the Skype audio + video technology. But with the latest Skype for Windows Beta you can already chat with your Facebook contacts right from within Skype. You need to link your FB account, though."
I found this on the Skype site. I am wondering if you need to link your account..?....not being a social netwwork kinda person I have no further clue !!

Brian.

GcnI1aH.jpg

#8 YesImOtto

YesImOtto
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 284 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2011 - 02:01 AM

Yeah, I used video call on MSN and it worked fine, so the settings should be fine and correct.

Its just FB...

I assume since it is relatively new, it still has glitches...I hope thats the case, and also, My profile has not been updated by Facebook, what cna I do? It is still the old one. Someone said this may be the problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users