Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems With My System

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 NEED HELP BAD

NEED HELP BAD

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:24 AM

Posted 10 July 2011 - 02:50 AM

My computers CPU seems to be working hard when I am not doing anything or just checking email. The computer used to run very quick, but nowadays it is like an old dog. I don't know why I have so many processes that start automatically, but I am sure this is part, if not, the whole problem. I have done virus scans and found viruses in the past, but I think this has been fixed???

The problem for me is I have absolutely no idea which processes I need to start up, so don't want to mess around and create a bigger problem. Also I don't know anything about going into the MSconfig as some people have suggested to me on another site. Can anybody please give me any idea on what I might to to speed this

Mod Edit: Opened closed topic, merged all subsequent topics opened by OP ~ Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 11 July 2011 - 10:41 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 .X.

.X.

• Members
  • 490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:24 PM

Posted 10 July 2011 - 03:04 AM

Download Autoruns from here. Unzip and run it. Wait for it to be done scanning. Click file, save and then save. Zip the file up and attach it to your next post or upload it somewhere like Mediafire.

Edited by .X., 10 July 2011 - 03:13 AM.

#3 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,576 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2011 - 05:54 AM

I have done virus scans and found viruses in the past, but I think this has been fixed???

If I were you I'd post in the Am I Infected forum.

#4 NEED HELP BAD

NEED HELP BAD
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2011 - 09:24 PM

I ran a windows sysinternals and made a log for my start up processes. Where do I post the log? Also is it safe to post this type of information?

Edited by NEED HELP BAD, 10 July 2011 - 09:32 PM.

#5 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:24 PM

Posted 10 July 2011 - 10:56 PM

Please follow the directions in the link pasted below so someone can review your problems -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34773.html
This is how the Experts review your problems

Thank You -

#6 NEED HELP BAD

NEED HELP BAD
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2011 - 02:50 AM

Thank you. I will follow your link.

#7 NEED HELP BAD

NEED HELP BAD
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2011 - 08:37 AM

Just for the record, my help and support feature as well as my windows search, have both stopped functioning. Actually has not worked since last year. Don't have any idea why it stopped working. Any idea on how I can get it up and running again. I already tried downloading the search feature direct from Microsoft, but would not load. Gave some a error code or something.

Thanks.

Edited by hamluis, 11 July 2011 - 10:29 AM.
Merged topics posted today.

#8 NEED HELP BAD

NEED HELP BAD
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2011 - 08:41 AM

My computer used to have a sleep mode, but after I had my computer worked on, I no longer had a sleep mode. I used to just hit Fn+Esc to sleep.

Any help very much appreciated.

#9 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:24 AM

Posted 11 July 2011 - 08:43 AM

It would help if we knew the type of computer, model number, or service tag if its a dell.

Edited by cryptodan, 11 July 2011 - 08:58 AM.

#10 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,576 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2011 - 08:49 AM

What do you mean you had it worked on? EXACTLY what was done and why was it done?

Also, if you go to Control Panel - Power Options, can you enable sleep mode manually?

#11 NEED HELP BAD

NEED HELP BAD
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2011 - 10:27 AM

I have an MPC ( Micron ) Transport T2300. I am running Windows XP.

I was having a problem connection to the internet, so I took to a shop to see if they had any idea. They said they could fix it and everything would be like new. They did not back up my information and Since I did not expect them to do a format and reload of XP. I did not either. I lost alot of info, but after that. No sleep mode, No Windows search, No Help and Support off the start menu and I am sure there is more, but I don't use all the features a computer has to offer anyway, sinced I am not so computer savvy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users