Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Yahoo Messenger - No text - Blank IM's

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ambo549

ambo549

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:53 AM

Posted 09 July 2011 - 11:13 PM

Alright, so a few days ago when I signed into Yahoo Messenger I noticed my "Y! Insider" was blank but I didn't think much of it, closed it out. My friends list looks normal, all of my contacts are there, however when I send a message it's blank, same for receiving. No text at all. I can see the text as I type it out but it's gone once I send. Also my Message Archive/Conversation History is blank and if I have any offline messages when I sign in, the notification pops up but the window is blank.

Here's what puzzles me, I updated to the latest version of Yahoo, I also uninstalled and reinstalled. I also ran Norton, Ad-Aware and MalwareBytes all of which took care of different things but Yahoo is still messed up. I also uninstalled Flash and Java then reinstalled the latest versions. I disabled everything in my startup. And all scripting is enabled in my browsers.

While doing full scans of Norton and MalwareBytes I booted in Safe Mode with Networking - Yahoo Messenger works fine there, I can see messages, I csn even see what blank messages I missed when I go to my conversation history. But when I return to Normal Mode, it is not working.

After I cleaned everything I uninstalled and reinstalled Yahoo yet again to no avail. Leading me to believe this has to be something else; something in the Operating System, missing .dll, java or flash conflict? I dont know enough about software to really say. I just can't imagine what is starting in normal mode that isnt available in safe mode effecting my messenger this way.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
-Amber

Edit: Moved topic from Win 7 to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 derek.ellis

derek.ellis

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2011 - 09:41 AM

First off dump Norton. I did in 2006 and never looked back

I use Avira, and have never had a problem since.www.free-av.com

Edited by derek.ellis, 11 July 2011 - 09:45 AM.

#3 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,573 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2011 - 09:42 AM

Norton makes fine products and there is no reason not to use it. They did go through a rough patch a number of years ago, but for the past several years their products have been top notch and highly rated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users