Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Disconnecting From the Internet Every 10 Minutes?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 PaulCampbell

PaulCampbell

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:50 PM

Posted 09 July 2011 - 09:58 PM

After a power outage about three days ago, my internet has been dropping everyone once in a while. Sometimes it will drop and reconnect every few minutes, and sometimes it will last a whole day, and drop. I have tried plugging directly into the modem and it still happens. I have tried leaving my modem/router unplugged for hours at a time and it will still happen. I have noticed, its getting more rare and far between since the first day, but it still happens. I was wondering if anyone knew why this would be happening. It tends to disconnect and reconnect so quick that my computer doesn't even tell me its disconnected. It's not just my computer, but my brothers and my Xbox 360 that will all lag out at the same time. So it's not a virus or anything. I am going to have someone from my ISP come over Monday to check it out, but I was wondering if anyone happened to have any idea why this is happening.

Thank you,

Paul

Extra Details: The Router is a Linksys, but as I said before, I connected directly to the Modem and that didn't fix it.

I don't think my computer specs matter due to the fact it disconnects for both computers and my xbox.

Edited by PaulCampbell, 09 July 2011 - 10:04 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users