Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft Office is not opening or uninstalling

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 vaasha

vaasha

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:18 PM

Posted 09 July 2011 - 07:47 PM

Good Day

Everytime I try to open a new office document (eg word or excel) the desktop opens as a folder. Also everytime my computers is booted up the desktop opens as a folder. This is not in my start up options so I'm not seeing a way to take it off. I tried uninstalling microsoft office to re-install it but it is not uninstalling. It keeps saying it was not uninstalled properly. I also tried re-installing microsoft office even though it is already there and it keeps saying setup has stopped working. I am running vista home edition and microsoft office 2007. My anti virus avira says there are no viruses and I had avast anti virus before which also found no viruses.

Can someone help me please? I'm not sure what to do in this situation. Can you make some suggestions please?

Edited by hamluis, 10 July 2011 - 05:21 AM.
Moved from Am I Infected to Vista.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,634 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:18 PM

Posted 10 July 2011 - 05:57 AM

1) What do you mean "the desktop opens as a folder"?

2) What is new or different since the last time everything worked properly (ie, new hw, new sw, virus, error, etc)?

#3 vaasha

vaasha
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2011 - 08:21 PM

1) A window opens with all the icons on the desktop and the name in the location bar is desktop. It like if you have a folder with pics and you open the folder. Its a folder like that with all the icons on my desktop.

2) I can't remember what is new or different from the last time everything worked properly. :(

#4 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,634 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:18 PM

Posted 11 July 2011 - 06:56 AM

Sorry, just hard for me to picture. I'd love to see a screenshot. Anyway, since you don't know what has changed since the last time things worked properly it's hard to diagnose your problem. Have you tried system restore?

#5 vaasha

vaasha
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2011 - 10:06 AM

I haven't tried system restore, I will try it when I have my laptop in front of me. Also I will send a screen shot as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users