Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ie redirect, no firefox, no chrome and opera won't install

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 LosingPatience

LosingPatience

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:47 PM

Posted 09 July 2011 - 06:44 PM

i removed infections from my computer with malwarebytes and superantispyware. now my ie redirects google links and firefox and chrome will not run at all. any help would be appreciated

can anyone help or am i in the wrong place?

EDIT: Please be patient. There are over 280 unanswered topics in this forum at present and the current average wait time to receive help is 9 days. ~Budapest

Attached Files

Edited by Budapest, 11 July 2011 - 05:47 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 LosingPatience

LosingPatience
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:47 PM

Posted 16 July 2011 - 10:38 AM

i was told this was the place to come. unfortunately, this experience has been disappointing. I have since reinstalled windows 7 as a last resort. I just think it is sad that a place with this much knowledge of viruses could not help at all. for the record, i did everything i was told to do and was offered no help, only brushed off. perhaps i will have more luck in the future with other forums. I

#3 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:47 AM

Posted 16 July 2011 - 04:28 PM

I'm sorry that you were disappointed. However, we have a huge number of people requesting help at the moment and our current backlog has now stretched out to 12 days. Remember that the people who offer help here are all volunteers and receive no payment for the services they offer.

As this issue appears to be resolved I am closing the topic. Please send me (or any other Moderator) a Personal Message (PM) if you would like the topic re-opened.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users