Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Jeter's 3000th hit

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,583 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:05 PM

Posted 09 July 2011 - 03:34 PM

Enjoy the video at the NY Yankee's website: http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20110614&content_id=20463750&vkey=news_nyy&c_id=nyy

Edited by Andrew, 10 July 2011 - 05:53 AM.
Mod Edit: Moved From News to General Chat - AA

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Union_Thug

Union_Thug

Bleeps with the fishes...

• Members
  • 2,355 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2011 - 11:10 AM

The man plays the game the way it's supposed to be played. Full speed. Every day. Every at-bat. Every play in the field...That he got his 3000th the way he did---A dinger on a 3-2 count, off of one of MLB's best & hardest throwing pitchers, (David Price) fouling off 2 or 3 tough pitches...while going 5 for 5 AND driving in the game winning run... :clapping:

How about that kid who caught the ball? A lot of people are criticizing him for giving up the ball to Jeter so "cheaply". I thought the guy showed class doing what he did and saying what he said...Classy move by a classy fan for the benefit of a classy player. :thumbup2:

Edited by Union_Thug, 10 July 2011 - 11:14 AM.

#3 Allan

Allan
  • Topic Starter

• BC Advisor
  • 8,583 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2011 - 11:58 AM

The man plays the game the way it's supposed to be played. Full speed. Every day. Every at-bat. Every play in the field...That he got his 3000th the way he did---A dinger on a 3-2 count, off of one of MLB's best & hardest throwing pitchers, (David Price) fouling off 2 or 3 tough pitches...while going 5 for 5 AND driving in the game winning run... :clapping:

How about that kid who caught the ball? A lot of people are criticizing him for giving up the ball to Jeter so "cheaply". I thought the guy showed class doing what he did and saying what he said...Classy move by a classy fan for the benefit of a classy player. :thumbup2:

I agree 100% with everything you said.

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,035 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2011 - 07:54 PM

I find it awesome that he got all 3K as a Yankee. You don't see a one team player anymore in sports.
Just about as hard to find someone to give the ball back free.

Great accomplishment. He will probably be the best ballplayer I'll see in my lifetime.

One of the greatest plays.. He doesn't even belong here and he is to make the play.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users