Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ComboFix Flub on WIndows 7

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 liquidsub

liquidsub

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:40 AM

Posted 09 July 2011 - 02:02 PM

I botched it big time.

In short: after trying to remove Windows 7 Fix AND Personal Shield Pro; we ran rkill, TDS killer, and Malwarebytes. Almost everything was restored except for normal internet browser usage. Chrome and Firefox would crash, and debugging reports were not able to be sent through. Even after reinstalling them. I forget what snippet of a forum I caught, but I read that I should run Combofix...

then AFTER I ran it (and things were seemingly worse), I read that I shouldn't run Combofix unsupervised on Windows 7.

So, not only are my browsers still not working, but a DAEMON Tools Lite error window pops up on startup saying "This program requires at least Windows 2000 with SPTD 1.60 or higher. Kernel debugger must be deactivated."

As far as I know, everything else is running normally. My computer runs on Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.

TL;DR I don't know how to read instructions properly, and it may have complicated my situation even more.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:40 AM

Posted 09 July 2011 - 02:04 PM

Please post your combofix log here: Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<==.

Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Please include the link to this topic in your new topic and a description of your computer issues and what you have done to resolve them.

If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.

Once you have created the new topic, please reply back here with a link to the new topic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users