Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google Redirection Virus, help!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 hitchbh

hitchbh

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:19 PM

Posted 09 July 2011 - 01:36 PM

Hello,
I have a redirection virus that I can't get rid of. Someone from another techie site tried to help but it's been over a week and I think they're at a loss of what to do. I really need to gain control of my PC again!

Please help.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,012 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:19 PM

Posted 09 July 2011 - 01:39 PM

Can you please post a link to that other topic so we can see what has been done?

Orange Blossom :cherry:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 hitchbh

hitchbh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:19 PM

Posted 09 July 2011 - 02:07 PM

Sure: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic167379.html

Thank you. I originoally tried to use combo fix as I found it on this website, but the guy who was helping me didnt find that to thrilling, now he says i may have made it worst because i used combofix first? I don't know but it's getting frustrating.

I'd realllllly appreciate your help!

Thanks

#4 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,012 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:19 PM

Posted 09 July 2011 - 02:19 PM

Hello hitchbh,

I see that you are still actively receiving assistance there. I know it's frustrating and I know you don't want to hear this, but you must wait for a reply from your helper there and avoid doing things on your own which will complicate the malware removal process.

As your helper stated twice already:

If I have not replied for 2 days, you can send me a PM reminder. Include the URL of your thread.

and I see that it has been less than that since he last replied to you.

Also:

Be patient. Malware cleaning takes time and I am also working with other members while I am helping you.

We would tell you the same thing. We also discourage folks from running ComboFix on their own because things CAN go wrong and have.

I'm referring you back to your topic at TechSpot so you can continue to receive assistance there without further complicating issues. Please DO NOT post any other topics elsewhere asking for assistance on this issue unless your helper at TechSpot requests that you do so. If you already have, please request that those other topics be closed.

Orange Blossom :cherry:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users