Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft error

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 XNA

XNA

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:21 AM

Posted 09 July 2011 - 10:16 AM

I use Windows XP and have the appraisal software Wintotal 2011 for residential appraisal reports. All of a sudden when I tried to load a map into the report the program seized. I gave a program senior tech access to my computer and he advised me there are Microsoft error messages at about the time this happened and when he tried to download .net2.0, which is needed for the software to operate,it closes down and he told me I need to get local technical help to "repair Microsoft" and get .net2.0 downloaded.
Is this something I could do myself? I would have to be told every move to make.
Thanks. I'd appreciate any advice. Everything else works fine on the computer including an older version of Wintotal.

Edited by XNA, 09 July 2011 - 10:22 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 AM

Posted 09 July 2011 - 10:36 AM

Please perform the following, so that we can get the exact specs of your computer. This will better assist us in helping you more.

Publish a Snapshot using Speccy

The below is for those who cannot get online

Please take caution when attaching a text file to your post if you cannot copy/paste the link to your post, you will need to edit it to make sure that your Windows Key is not present.

#3 XNA

XNA
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2011 - 11:46 AM

Does this show you the information you need?

Edited by XNA, 09 July 2011 - 02:01 PM.

#4 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2011 - 12:04 PM

I see you got all the latest updates foe Windows, can I get a link to this application?

#5 XNA

XNA
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2011 - 01:36 PM

Sorry. I'm completely computer illiterate. Can you please tell me what you mean?

#6 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2011 - 01:45 PM

I already found the required specs for the program, and they are rather low. I would recommend reinstalling the application.

#7 XNA

XNA
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2011 - 02:05 PM

OK. Thanks. I can try that in a day or two when I get a chance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users