Java™ SE Runtime Environment 6 Update 1
Java™ SE Development Kit 6 Update 7
Java 2 Runtime Environment, SE v1.4.2_03
Java DB 10.3.1.4
Update Adobe Reader
You can download it from http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html
After installing the latest Adobe Reader
, uninstall all previous versions
If you already have Adobe Photoshop® Album Starter Edition installed or do not wish to have it installed UN
check the box which says Also Download Adobe Photoshop® Album Starter Edition.Alternatively
, you can uninstall Adobe Reader (33.5 MB), download and install Foxit PDF Reader
(3.5MB) from HERE
It's a much smaller file to download and uses a lot less resources than Adobe Reader.Note:
When installing FoxitReader, make sure to UN-check any pre-checked toolbar, or any other garbage.
Your computer is clean
1. We need to reset system restore to prevent your computer from being accidentally reinfected by using some old restore point(s). We'll remove all old restore points and create fresh, clean restore point.
Turn system restore off.
Turn system restore back on.
If you don't know how to do it...Windows XP
: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310405Vista and Windows 7
2. Make sure, Windows Updates
3. Download, and install WOT
(Web OF Trust): http://www.mywot.com/.
It'll warn you (in most cases) about dangerous web sites.
4. Run Malwarebytes
"Quick scan" once in a while to assure safety of your computer.
5. Run Temporary File Cleaner
6. Download and install Secunia Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
The Secunia PSI is a FREE security tool designed to detect vulnerable and out-dated programs and plug-ins which expose your PC to attacks. Run it weekly.
7. (optional) If you want to keep all your programs up to date, download and install FileHippo Update Checker
The Update Checker will scan your computer for installed software, check the versions and then send this information to FileHippo.com to see if there are any newer releases.
8. When installing\updating ANY program, make sure you always select "Custom
" installation, so you can UN-check any possible "drive-by-install" (foistware
), like toolbars etc., which may try to install along with the legitimate program. Do NOT click "Next" button without looking at any given page.
9. Read How did I get infected?, With steps so it does not happen again!