Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help! Lost names for transferred images.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 HWHYTE

HWHYTE

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:35 PM

Posted 09 July 2011 - 08:14 AM

A while ago I needed to transfer some digital images from one computer to another. I loaded the images on a flashdrive, then travelled to a new destination, and quite a bit later, finally, got around to plugging in the flashdrive and loading the images on my new computer. Alas, along the way, all the file names had converted to the date when I loaded the images on the flashdrive. Thus I have reams of images named 2008/05/19_35.gif, for example. Can anyone tell me how to make all these digital image files revert to their original names?

Thank you very much for any help,

HWHYTE

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:35 AM

Posted 09 July 2011 - 08:24 AM

The only way that seems possible is if you used a program.

The image names should remain intact on the flash drive.

What program did you use to transfer the images?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users