Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

uninstall Bing

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 chevelle67

chevelle67

• Members
  • 124 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:24 PM

Posted 08 July 2011 - 10:38 PM

Was downloading TFC temporary file cleaner and did not unclick Bing. Now I can not find it in programs so I can not uninstall. I attempted to disable thru internet options, tools, but it still comes up as default internet browser. Please tell me how to get rid of this. Thanks. Chevelle67.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight

The Magician

• Security Colleague
  • 661 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 AM

Posted 08 July 2011 - 10:52 PM

Hi chevelle67.

I have had this issue in the past. I assume you are using Internet Explorer? Try this in IE:

• Click on the down arrow at the top left in the search bar (next to the magnifying glass).
  • Click the Google icon (now whenever you search Google will be the default).

Let me know if that works. :thumbup2:

If you make yourself more than just a man, if you devote yourself to an ideal...you become something else entirely. A legend, Mr. Wayne, a legend!

If I have helped you please consider donating to the Neuroscience Research Institute.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 chevelle67

chevelle67
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 124 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:24 PM

Posted 09 July 2011 - 12:18 AM

Yes. Thank you. When I clicked on it it asked if I wanted it to be my home page. Yes. It worked. Is there a way to delete bing? Or should I leave well-enough-alone? Chevelle67

#4 The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight

The Magician

• Security Colleague
  • 661 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 AM

Posted 09 July 2011 - 01:46 AM

Glad to hear it worked. :)

Now that Google is the default again, try this:

• Click on the down arrow again and select Change Search Defaults.
  • A list should appear with all the search engines you have installed in IE. Now that Google is the default you should be able to select Bing and then click Remove.
Does that work?

If the above doesn't work, then its possible an accelerator is installed, which will keep bringing Bing back. If this is the case, have a look in the Addons in IE and see if one is installed.

Let me know how it goes. :thumbup2:

If you make yourself more than just a man, if you devote yourself to an ideal...you become something else entirely. A legend, Mr. Wayne, a legend!

If I have helped you please consider donating to the Neuroscience Research Institute.

Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users