Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Another satisfied customer

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Esco01

Esco01

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 PM

Posted 08 July 2011 - 10:05 PM

I've been a follower of this site for a while now and have used the vast resources of this site to safely remove some very annoying malware, thanks to the guides. Only recently have I actually become a member when I came across a situation that could not be corrected through the guide. Gringo, my designated savior, came to my aide and was extremely patient and confident in handling my issues. I'll admit it, I'm one of those that know a little bit about computers and I'm often the designated help desk for friends and family, so I really made an effort to bite my tongue and to "trust" in Gringo. When one of my drivers got corrupted and my system could not boot ... yes, I'm embarrassed to say I panicked. Gringo calmly kept at my issue, offered a new plan of attack, and I'm proud to say my system is currently virus and malware free.

So again, thank you Gringo for your wonderful assistance and advice. Thank you BC for a fantastic site just bursting with knowledge. I've treated this site the same way a selfish child often treats a parent, putting it aside and only coming to it when I need something. But I see now BC has more to offer than just virus and malware removal and I'm hoping to be a contributing member of this community.

My other reason for posting, and perhaps I didn't look well enough, is there a location where this site accepts contributions from its members? If not, maybe a store where BC offers merchandise that contribute to the running of the site?

Thank you again for a wonderful site.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Esco01

Esco01
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2011 - 10:45 PM

I found the donation link and will be making a donation. Thanks again BC.

#3 JohnWho

JohnWho

Who was running the store?

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:17 PM

Posted 09 July 2011 - 07:54 AM

If not, maybe a store where BC offers merchandise that contribute to the running of the site?

We have a "BC Store", but it is non-profit to BC and solely for the enjoyment of Bleeping Computer fans.

The BC Store is right h e r e.

Edited by JohnWho, 09 July 2011 - 07:55 AM.

I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2011 - 08:38 AM

The many people who volunteer their time to run BC and to help others with computer problems always appreciate---more than one might suspect--- a kindly thank you from someone who has benefited from their efforts.
Thanks for taking the time to write your kind words,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#5 gringo_pr

gringo_pr

Bleepin Gringo

• Malware Response Team
  • 136,772 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:17 PM

Posted 19 July 2011 - 12:28 PM

Hello Esco01

I want to say thank you to you as I was surprized to find this topic and was very glad I did.

It always makes us feel very good to know we was able to help someone in need

gringo
I Close My Topics If You Have Not Replied In 5 Days If You Will Be Longer Please Let Me Know

If I Have Not Replied To One Of My Topics In 48 Hrs Please Bump The Topic

My help is free, however, if you wish to make a small donation to show your appreciation or to help me continue the fight against Malware, then click here -->btn_donate_SM.gif<-- Don't worry every little bit helps.

Proud Graduate Of Malware Removal University

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users