I had a quick look at some of the other topics here already but none seemed to really fit my situation so I thought I'd post a new topic.
At home I've got 2 identical PCs running Windows 7 64-Bit. Both have had Microsoft Office 2007 installed for about 6 months now but now one of them has been having issues with Office. It started about a month ago, when some Windows Updates were installed. This caused Outlook to start crashing and act weird, and Excel and Word started to freeze as well. The next day, there were some more Windows Updates that were "to address these issues". The problems in Word and Excel were resolved, but Outlook stayed the same. Over the last two weeks there have been numerous Windows Updates for these issues in Outlook but none of them have been successful. In fact, Outlook has gotten worse. A summary of the current issues (to name a few):
- Freezes randomly.
- Doesn't close when it is quit and usually opens more windows.
- Causes Windows Explorer to open a multitude of windows.
- Hangs on the last message it tries to receive.
- Quits the send window at random intervals.
- If you try to use Outlook to send an image from outside the program the computer starts to freeze.
Anyway, I decided to uninstall and reinstall Office. I did that last night but the problems are back. I'm not sure how widespread this issue is but hopefully someone here might have some ideas or any clues as to what I should try next?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.