I seem to be having some really bad mouse problems, and I've tried nearly everything the internet has suggested to fix it. So, I have a basic corded optical usb mouse made by Logitech, no fancy buttons, no bluetooth or anything like that. So the problem: every few minutes, sometimes every few seconds, the mouse will loose functionality for a second or two, the windows 7 discovered new hardware sound will play, and a second later the mouse will come back online. It's pretty annoying.
I recently formatted and reinstalled windows 7 on my computer (was upgrading hard drives), and that's when this problem started. The mouse worked perfectly before the upgrade, but it is now doing this weird thing it's doing now.
The solutions I've tried so far:
1) updating all mouse and usb drivers
2) uninstalling all usb and mouse drivers
3) restarting and allowing windows to auto detect and reinstall drivers
4) moving mouse to different usb positions
5) installing Microsoft's set point mouse drivers
6) turning off the power saving settings for the mouse device when not in use
7) installing Logitech's proprietary mouse software
8) plugging in a new mouse
None of these solutions have worked so far. Some get rid of the problem for a few hours, but it always comes back to the same problem of rediscovering itself every couple of seconds or minutes.
I really hope someone can help ):
Edited by dcbradbury, 08 July 2011 - 09:50 PM.