Welcome to Bleeping Computer.
My name is Shannon and I will be working with you to remove the malware that is on your machine.
I apologize for the delay in replying to your post, but this forum is extremely busy.
Please Track this topic - On the top right on this tread, click on the Watch Topic button, click on 'Immediate Email Notification', and then click on the Proceed button at the bottom.
Do Not make any changes on your own to the infected computer.
Since your father has the MS Removal
infection, you need to follow the removal instructions located here
. When you have completed those steps return here and do the following.
Please set your system to show all
Click Start, open My Computer, select the Tools menu and click Folder Options.
Select the View Tab. Under the Hidden files and folders heading, select Show hidden files and folders
Uncheck: Hide file extensions for known file types
Uncheck the Hide protected operating system files (recommended) option.
Click Yes to confirm.
Now, let's look more thoroughly at the infected computer -
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:
- We need to create an OTL Report
- Please download OTL from here:
- Main Mirror
- Save it to your desktop.
- Double click on the icon on your desktop.
- Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.
- Change the "Extra Registry" option to "Use SafeList"
- Push the button.
- Two reports will open, copy and paste them into your reply:
- OTL.txt <-- Will be opened
- Extra.txt <-- Will be minimized
Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control HERENext
, please download Rootkit Unhooker
from one of the following links and save it to your desktop.Link 1 (.exe file)Link 2 (zipped file)Link 3 (.rar file)
In order to use this tool if you downloaded from either of the second two links, you will need to extract the RKUnhookerLE.exe
file using a program capable of extracing ZIP and RAR compressed files. If you don't have an extraction program, you can downlaod, install and use the free 7-zip
-- Note: You may get this warning...just ignore it, click OK and continue: "Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself! It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?".
- Double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to start the program.
- Click the Report tab, then click Scan.
- Check Drivers, Stealth, and uncheck the rest.
- Click OK.
- Wait until it's finished and then go to File > Save Report.
- Save the report to your Desktop.
- Copy and paste the contents of the report into your next reply.
Once you have the above logs, click on the Add Reply button below, copy in the contents of the two OTL
logs and the RKU
log. Also include any comments
that you might have concerning the infection(s) and the infected computer.