Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

it keeps coming back

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 cgtrott

cgtrott

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:25 AM

Posted 08 July 2011 - 05:46 PM

I have a PC i believe is infected.
i have run Combofix, it appears to find something and reboot but i am unable to tell by the log what it found.
i think it is still infected because if i run CF again, it says it needs to reboot to continue.

Attached File  ComboFix.txt   29.88KB   5 downloadsAttached File  ComboFix2.txt   30.15KB   3 downloadsAttached File  ComboFix3.txt   26.11KB   2 downloadsAttached File  ComboFix4.txt   29.75KB   3 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 pwgib

pwgib

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,955 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:25 PM

Posted 29 July 2011 - 09:00 AM

Hello cgtrott,

I will be handling your log to help you get cleaned up. I apologize for the delay but the forum is very busy and as you can see the logs we ask for are very extensive and take a lot of time to investigate.

Please subscribe to this topic. Click on the Watch Topic button, select Immediate Notification and click on proceed.

Make sure Word Wrap in notepad is turned off. When copying and pasting logs paste them directly in the reply box only attach logs if asked to. Do not wrap logs in codebox or code tags. It makes it very difficult to read and analyze them. Please paste them directly into the reply box. Do not make any changes to your system until we are through. Fixes are based upon information that is current from your system so any changes can affect our strategy. Please refrain from running any tools we may use without specific instructions.

If your operating system is Windows Vista or Windows 7 it may be necessary to right click then choose Run as Administrator any programs we use.

Before we begin please check and follow the instructions on How to Show Hidden Files and Folders in Windows Vista and Windows XP and How to show hidden files in Windows 7

Because the e-mail notification system is not completely reliable, please check your topic once a day for responses.

Please read carefully all directions and instructions. If you are instructed to save a tool to the desktop please save it to the desktop.

If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know.

You should not run ComboFix unless you are specifically asked to by a helper. Also, due to the power of this tool it is strongly advised that you do not attempt to act upon any of the information displayed by ComboFix without supervision from someone who has been properly trained. If you do so, it may lead to problems with the normal functionality of your computer.

Please advise what specific problems you are experiencing. :thumbup2:

Since it has been a while I need to see new logs.

• Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.
  • Double click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.
  • A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.
  • Notepad will open with the results.
  • Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.
  • Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.
Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.

Information on A/V control HERE

In your next reply please let me know what problems you are experiencing and post DDS.txt in the body of the reply box and attach the Attach.txt log. :)

Thanks!!
PW

#3 pwgib

pwgib

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,955 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:25 PM

Posted 03 August 2011 - 07:30 AM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.In the event you still have problems, please send me or any Moderator a Private Message and ask them to reopen this topic within the next 5 days. Please include a link to your topic in the Private Message. Thank you.
PW

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users