Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Missing Startup applications

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Totally Hopeless

Totally Hopeless

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:06 PM

Posted 08 July 2011 - 02:52 PM

If I press Start - All Programs, I don't get a listing of all my programs as I used to. It's therefore very awkward to open a program for which I don't have a shortcut on the desktop. If I press Start - All Programs - Accessories - System Tools, all that shows up is Internet Explorer (no add-ons). This is particularly inconvenient, because I don't even know where to find the system tools! Do I need to reinstall Windows XP? If so, how do I do it. If there's a simpler solution, what is it?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 USN Vet

USN Vet

• Members
  • 190 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 PM

Posted 08 July 2011 - 03:55 PM

What has changed on your computer since it last worked ? Were you recently infected, & went thru a removal process ?
Feel free to ignore my comment, just another user !

#3 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,589 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:06 PM

Posted 08 July 2011 - 04:26 PM

Run unhide: http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/grinler/unhide.exe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users